Manufacturing Engineer (Lansing)
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Manufacturing Engineer to join our Engineering department!
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
- Development, review, maintenance, and control of engineering documentation. Including TDP (Technical Data Package), Bill of Material, Process Flow / Routings, Floor Layouts, PFMEA, and Work Instructions.
o Provide support to estimating on quoting.
o Develop and validate processes and processing times / standards.
- Support lessons learned activities into quotes and standards.
- Identification of tooling needs. Assistance in tool conceptualization.
- Support manufacturing with process and document interpretation.
- Identify and address opportunities to eliminate waste within the manufacturing process.
- Participate in departmental continuous improvement efforts and support/implement lean activities.
- Work with Quality and Weld departments to ensure validation checks are built into the process.
- Support corrective actions as required.
- Support Program Management in APQP activities, as well as project cost adherence.
- Support C.I. activities as requested.
- Consult with customers, and provide expertise, to maximize the integrity, efficiency and manufacturability of designs on new and existing projects.
- Provide floor support during trouble shooting activities
- Assist with customer activities/support as requested
- Maintain high level of housekeeping in the work area, including 5S.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies, procedures, external regulations and legal requirements.
- Other duties as directed by management.
|Qualifications:||- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering field and five (5) years manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.|
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, models, drawings and specifications.
- Extensive working knowledge of manufacturing practices in a diverse range of processes.
- GD&T experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of process flows, material flow, assistive tooling devices.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and varying environment.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software preferred.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply problem solving tools and methodology to a variety of manufacturing and business process issues.
To apply please select “APPLY” below. If you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com or contact Human Resources at 517.679.6100. In addition, you can apply in person at 1600 N. Larch St, Lansing, MI 48906. We will be happy to assist you in the application process.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.