Machine Manufacturing Engineer
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated CNC Manufacturing Engineer to join our Engineering department! The CNC Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates machining processes in manufacturing plant by performing the following duties.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned |
Design and oversee the manufacturing of all in-house machining fixtures. (Mill, Lathe, etc.)
- Design/Oversee all work piece holding fixtures for all processes in 3D CAD
- Coordinate fixture reviews and manage department sign-off’s
- Coordinate build efforts and manage to program timeline
- Research and purchase required outside tooling when needed
- Perform tooling studies and coordinate process improvements
Coordinate all CNC programming details and tooling requirements
- Coordinate CNC programmers schedule and line-up
- Oversee all tooling selections and coordinate procurement efforts
- Oversee CNC Set-up machinist line-up and quality buyoff process
Develop PFMEA’s for all new machined components and work with Quality Department to finalize control plans.
- Develop all PFMEA’s in PLEX system per process routing
- Work with departments to develop all inspection check sheets per operation
- Final review and sign-off of all inspection check sheets
Developing work/set-up instructions for each machining process and train personnel where applicable
Evaluate existing designs so new designs are continually improved and enhanced
Monitor the progress of new product launches to their timelines.
- Develop program timelines and priorities workload to meet schedule needs
- Report program status and action items to management on scheduled basis
Participate in corrective action meetings to investigate root causes and implement engineering changes where needed.
Assist engineering department with all data management, engineering changes, and all other related engineering documentation when needed.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience |
Associates degree in Engineering related field and ten years related experience and/or training in CNC machining; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional five years’ experience with tooling and fixture design also preferred. Training in MasterCam software, plus familiarity with Microsoft Office, working knowledge of the Internet. Knowledge of SolidEdge is a desired.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.