Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives
Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated CNC Machinist - Non-Journeyman to join our Lansing Production department!
The CNC Machinist - Non-Journeyman operates computer numerical control (CNC) mill machining centers to perform machine functions such as boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings and stock.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry; proving part programs. Performs self-inspection of parts and ensure they meet print specifications.
• Routinely works with the knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Must have ability to meet quality standards, deadlines and production requirements.
• Provide continuous process improvement through reduction of cycle and set-up times
• Participate in departmental continuous improvement efforts and support/implement lean initiatives.
• Responsible for adhering to all applicable MIOSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities
• Assists in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
• Responsible for Quality Control (QC) analysis to recommend adjustments.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Assists in overall department coordination and communication.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
• Responsible for the compliance of safety, quality and throughput goals
• Responsible for the quality of their own work and not passing on defects through the rest of the operation
• Responsible for adhering to all company work instructions that are applicable to each specific work area
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company standards.
• Responsible for reporting daily production throughput
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of four (4) years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment or related field. Knowledge and use of measuring equipment and basic blueprint skills. Basic knowledge of CNC machine operation. A high level of knowledge of the production operations is required. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and basics of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Mathematical Skills (Keep for machinist and welders because we use a test where their skills are measured)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.