Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives
Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.
Loc Performance is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Quality Engineer to join our Quality Department in Lansing!
This opportunity is great for those who thrive under pressure and have a passion for account management and customer service.
The Quality Engineer provides the necessary skills to support the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System including processes, standards and procedures, test methods, data collection, traceability, customer complaints and supplier quality.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Manage assigned programs to ensure the highest product quality and assure compliance to internal, external and customer requirements.
• Participate in the new product launch process including interfacing with customer as required.
• Prepare sample submissions in customer required formats.
• Serve as the focal point of contact for internal and external customers concerns for assigned projects. Monitor, respond to, and document concerns, initiate corrective actions, ensure containment, follow up, and close upon completion and/or disposition.
• Lead and support implementation of quality tools and established practices (ex. PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, SPC, Mistake proofing) for new programs, engineering changes and process improvements.
• Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
• Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
• Support the company’s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
• Support development, implementation, and standardization of the Company’s quality policy, required operating procedures, and work instructions.
• Interface with the CMM programmers on layout issues.
• Participate in internal and external quality audits.
• Conduct reviews of manufacturing and supplier processes to ensure that those requirements are fulfilled. Includes a review of product specifications, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals and inspection analyses.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining ASQ certification (if applicable).
• May travel to customers, vendors and suppliers as necessary. Generate and distribute visitation reports along with any other customer communications.
• Responsible for reporting all accidents, however minor, and all workplace hazards to the supervisor immediately.
Education and/or Experience
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Quality preferred. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred. Minimum four (4) years in quality engineering or supplier development preferred. Knowledge of standard quality practices, ex. FMEA’s, Control Plans, SPC, DOE, etc. Able to read and interpret GD&T on prints and models. ISO-9001, AS-9100 or TS-16949 internal auditor training. Knowledge of fabricating, welding, bending, machining, cutting and painting processes preferred. Solid working knowledge of PPAP, FAI processes.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.