Material Handler - Night Shift (Lansing)
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Material Handler to join our Materials department!
The Material Handler Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned |
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
• Opens containers.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
• Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
• Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
• Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
• Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator.
• Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
• Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
• Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples to laboratory for analysis.
• Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
• Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers.
• Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
• Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
• Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience |
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.