CNC Programmer (Lansing)
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated CNC Programmer to join our Lansing Production department!
The CNC Programmer provides the necessary CNC Programming skills to support the Company in achieving optimal levels of productivity, quality, and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned |
• Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
• Producing machine programs that utilize multiple software packages and configurations. Mastercam as a primary CAM system
• Responsible for understanding the use of post-processors and optimizing machine time.
• Utilizes their ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, bill of materials, or part routings.
• Understands cutting tools and their application.
• Responsible for monitoring and responding to the CAD/CAM requests (Viewer) as indicated.
• Ensures through inspection or alternative software that the program has been error proofed.
• Maintains concurrent communication with project engineers, quality managers and the production manager for project planning and keeping abreast of recent developments.
• Responsible for adhering to all applicable MIOSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area (5-S).
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Employee Handbook.)
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience |
Associates Degree or a combination of schooling and experience that is equivalent. Two – Three years previous experience serving as a CNC programmer in a manufacturing atmosphere on machine centers. Multi axis programming is a plus. Previous experience with Master Cam is a must have. Competency with multiple CAD/CAM (CATIA, NX, Pro E) software packages and the ability to function with their use.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.