General Production Supervisor - Night Shift (Lansing)
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated General Supervisor to join our Production department!
The General Supervisor manages production supervisors and employees who are directly engaged in the production process in a unit with multiple or complex work processes. Reviews production schedules, assigns work and work stations, coordinates setups and ensures that materials are available to complete scheduled work.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned |
• Support the company’s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
• Manages supervision and production floor.
• Manages key metrics to expected performance – Production efficiency, Attainment, Safety, Quality, and Materials.
• Manages overtime and expected needs for overtime.
• Provides week-to-week scheduling responsibilities, including staffing requirements
• Implements Continuous Improvement activities
• Accurate and timely administration of PLEX (MRP) time keeping system
• Provides work instructions and training, assuring employees have appropriate tools to perform their jobs
• Responsible for getting their team ready for new program launches
• Investigates and recommends corrective action/disciplinary initiatives
• Provides periodic reports as required
• Communicates key information to all employees and customers (internal/external as required)
• Provides proactive leadership necessary to achieve and maintain a continuous improvement mind set for the team
• Responsible for ensuring accountability and discipline
• Maintains a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization
• Adheres to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
• Maintain high level of housekeeping in the work area (5S).
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Employee Handbook, Quality Instructions, Manuals, etc.) Includes enforcement and consistent application.
• Other duties as directed by management.
• Reports directly to the Operations Manager; Interfaces on a frequent basis with internal and external customers.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience |
Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred in a technical or business field. At least five (5) years’ experience as a Supervisor in a manufacturing environment. Ability to read blue prints and understand GD&T.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.