Maintenance Technician - Night Shift (Lansing)
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance department!
The Maintenance Technician Provides the necessary skills to support and maintain the day to day operations, and assume responsibility to maintaining the physical assets of the Company. Provide optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to the customer.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned |
• Support the Company mission, vision, valued and goals in performance of all daily activities.
• Assists with installation, maintenance, repair and rebuild of all Company assets.
• Assists with Machine Repair. Electrical, Plumbing, Masonry, Sheet metal, Carpentry and millwright work.
• Maintain/complete work orders assigned, PM’s, Safety, Proactive, Projects.
• Maintain shop inventory for spare parts, and parts used for repairs
• Responsible for working from blueprints, specifications, installation layouts, sketches, verbal and written instructions and trade practices.
• Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
• Maintain a professional, courteous manner with all employees, vendors and contractors.
• Participate in departmental continuous improvement efforts and support/implement lean initiatives.
• Effectively communicate production issues to the departmental team leaders.
• Assists with production activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
• Provide continuous process improvement through reduction of cycle and set-up time.
• Maintain high level of housekeeping in the work area, including 5S.
• Adherence to all company policies, procedures, external regulations and legal requirements.
• Other duties as directed by management.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience |
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or two to three years industrial maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.