Brake Press Operator - Day Shift (Lansing)
|Salary Range:||$13 Per Hour|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.|
Loc Performance is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Brake Press Operator to join our Production department!
The Brake Press Operator Provides the necessary break press operator skills in an efficient manner that maximizes company assets in this area to support the Company in achieving optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned |
• Understands blue print and work instructions
• Sets up tooling in break press to achieve the required results
• Loads part into break press and aligns part properly.
• Cycles the part in the press per specifications and requirements.
• Responsible for understanding the functionality of the press break pendant.
• Ensures the press break always function within a safe manner and that safety devices are operational based on the tasks the machine is performing.
• Participate in departmental continuous improvement efforts and support/implement lean initiatives.
• Support the company’s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Maintain high level of housekeeping in the work area, including 5S.
• Adherence to all company policies, procedures, external regulations and legal requirements.
• Other duties as directed by management.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience |
High School Diploma. Certifications related to press break operation preferred. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience. Understands press breaks and all functionality. Press break operations training completion (in house or certificate that equals or exceeds from outside).
Mathematical Skills (Keep for machinist and welders because we use a test where their skills are measured)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.